Recruitment of ALT
The Kanuma Board of Education is now accepting application for an Assistant Language Teacher(ALT) positions.
Thank you for your interst in our ALT program.
1 Job Title : Temporary Local Government Employee - Assistant Language Teacher
2 Positions Available : 1
3 Workplace : Elemntary Sschools
4 Reward : 300,000yen (including a health insurance premium, taxes, pension reserve)
5 Duties : The ALT's duties are to assist the Japanese teacher in English classes and make materials for classes. As such they must carry out duties as an Assistant Language Teacher inder the guidance of the Board of Education and Japanese teachers.
6 Eligibility Criteria :
1) Be Born in a country where English is used as a native language and have standard English promunciation
2) Have graduated from a 4 year university.
3) Experience in teaching English in Japan. And/ or TESOL/TEFL/CELTA certified.
4) Have a positive attitude in regards to communication with teaching staff and students at school.
5)Currently living or willing to live n Kanuma or the surrounding area, and can go to the schools throughout the city.
6)Capable of being self-reliant and independent while living in Japan.
7 Terms and Conditions
A: Period of Contract : December 1st,2020 - March 31st, 2021
B: Work Hours : 7hours a day totaling 35 hours a week exclusive of break time.
In principle, the work hours will be from 8:30am to 4:15pm from Monday to Friday.
C: Remuneration : paid accorfing to Kanuma City Assistant Lanuguage Teachers Terms and Conditions
8 Application Procedure
To apply, send the folloeing documents by post, or deliver in person, to the School Education Division of Kanuma Board of Education by November 5th.
1) Application Form
2) Copy of your passport(including a page indicatind your visa status) and foreigner's registration card.
3)Copy of your university or post graduate school Certificate of Graduation
4)Letter of reference from your previous employers(if availbale)
5) Two Self-Addressed and Stamped Letter-size Envelopes
Employer can be available fro inquiries at the School Education Division of Kanuma Board of Education (Kanuma-Shimin Joho Center, 4th floor)
Address: School Education Division of Kanuma Board of Education
1982-18 Bunkabashi-machi, Kanuma City, 322-0064
9 Selection Procedure
1) Selection for an onterview will be made based on the submitted documents.
2) Detailed information will be given to those applicants who are selected for an interview by November 19th.
3) Interviews are scheduled on November 12th 3:30pm
4) Interviews are held on the 5th floor in Kanuma Shimin Joho Center.
(1982-18 Bunkabashimachi, Kanumashi, 322-0064)
1) Results will be sent to each applicants by post.
2) Onquires about results by phone, email or fax will not be enterained.
If you need more informatio, please contact
School Education Division of Kanuma Board of Education
Application Guideline (doc 46 KB)
Application Guideline(pdf 170 KB)
Application Form(doc 64 KB)
Application Form(pdf 138 KB)
〒322-0064 栃木県鹿沼市文化橋町1982-18（市民情報センター 4階）